On historic


"Hessenwinkel" was first documented in 1704. In 1741 after a long application process the then Sheriff, Frederick von Bock gave permission for the construction of a labourer house and therefore creating the first settlement there.

In 1828 the "Hessenwinkel" manor together with nearby houses and farms were combined to create a local community association. Between 1882 and 1894 the Business House Hessenwinkel ( Gesellschaftshaus Hessenwinkel ) was built on the grounds of the hotel and lake estate. It includeda bathing institution, a music and shooting hall, a bowling alley and a terminal for pleasure boats.

This site became a popular destination for the Berlin inhabitants and also for both domestic and foreign summer guests. From 1943 these premises were the research facility of the General Electricity Company (AEG) as protection against an air raid attack. In 1963 the Greater Berlin Chamber of Trade set up a training facility and hostel on part of this site.

After extensive work cleaning, extending and modernising, the four star DämeritzseeHotel**** with its restaurant "Hessenwinkel" opened in June 2005.